About this listing
About this Listing
Experience your dream holiday. Explore the beautiful lakes, rivers wineries, bike trails and beaches of NZ in our luxury Italian 4 berth motor home. Experience the great outdoors in our motor home which is like your motel, rental car and restaurant all in one great price.
• Our 'Carterslodge' motorhome is great for a maximum of 4 people but of course provides the luxury of lots of extra room for just 2.
• There is a side bed at the rear of the motor home and an electric power bed that comes down from the ceiling behind the driver’s seat. (The dining room area can be converted and used for a small child but this will limit the amount of room you have as a living space.)
• All the bedding you will need will be supplied and beds as you require will be made up ready for you.
• There is plenty of storage for your personal gear and convenient storage to keep everything organised.
• Basic cooking equipment for 4 people is provided and stored in ‘no rattle’ cupboards. A list of equipment is provided. We will email this to you closer to the time of your booking.
• With the double glazing and a great heating system, you will be cozy whatever the weather. The cab itself has air conditioning.
• There is a separate shower, hand basin and toilet with instant hot water at the ready for you.
• Fly screens and blinds are fitted to the double-glazed windows and the awning which winds out to provide shade.
• The is a 3 burner hob and an oven with a grill in the kitchen.
• There is a 3 way fridge with a freezer.
• In addition an outdoor dining table plus lounging chairs are provided.
• The gas barbeque is easy to operate and cleans easily. Cooking outside is easy.
• Fresh water capacity is 100 litres and grey water (waste) capacity is 105 litres.
• 'Carterslodge' is fitted with a solar panel for freedom camping and it has current gas , electric and self- containment certificates.
• Also for your safety there is a smoke alarm, fire extinguisher and small first aid kit.
• We have 2 bikes for hire – (ladies and gents.) These will be available on request @$24 per day for the 2.
• Initial basic supplies of tea coffee etc will be there for your first night. If you have special requirements please let us know and we will endeavour to provide them.
We wish to make your holiday as seam-free as possible. To that end we will make ourselves available to answer all your questions and ensure that you have all your needs met.
• We can pick you up from the ferry or airport. You can spend your first night in the camper at our home if that helps you to get yourselves organized for your holiday.
• John will explain everything you need to know about 'Carterslodge Motorhome’ so that you are happy and confident.
• Marlene would be happy to take you to the supermarket if that would help with your first day. She will provide refreshment as needed while you get organised and give storage advice also if it is needed. We have provided storage bins and containers to help with that.
• The nominated driver must be at least 30 years old.
• Remember that we drive on the Left Hand Side of the road.
• Take time to understand Kilometres per hour speed restrictions if you are accustomed to Miles per Hour.
• No suitcases inside the motorhome as they cause damage. Instead we ask you to transfer your gear into our soft bags that we provide. Your suitcases then will be safely stored at our home. You can then pack your gear in the plentiful storage in the 'cubbies' provided inside the motorhome. Everything will be easily accessed then.
• No travelling on rough shingle roads without our permission please – rough roads can extensively damage the motorhome.
• The vehicle when returned must be in a clean tidy condition and black and grey water emptied.
• Road user charges of will apply and will need to be paid on the return of the camper. ($62 per 1,000 kilometres ie 0.06 per kilometre.)
• The camper will be filled with diesel when you collect it and you must return it filled.
• Any traffic violations are the responsibility of the driver.
• No Smoking inside at any time.
• No pets.
We want you to have a marvellous happy time here in New Zealand. To that end we encourage frequent conversations between you and us. We need to ensure that we meet your needs and that you understand our expectations. We love our motorhome and look after it very well. We trust that you will do the same.
A full tank of diesel will be provided and the hirer must return it filled. Road User Charges RUC will need to be paid in cash on the return of the vehicle. No suitcases to be taken onto the camper - soft storage bags will be provided. Any traffic violations are the responsibility of the driver. Driver must be over 30 years old. No driving on shingle roads without prior permission. The vehicle must be returned In a clean and tidy condition. No Smoking