Exercise is an essential part of any daily routine, but it can become difficult when travelling long distances. However, there are several ways you can exercise while on the road. The following are five easy workouts for campervan hire in New Zealand.
Benefits of Exercise
Maintaining a consistent exercise schedule provides a plethora of health benefits. Alongside a well-balanced diet, exercise plays an important role in controlling body weight and preventing obesity. It will also help lower your risk for heart diseases, some cancers and type two diabetes. It can sometimes be stressful and become difficult to fall asleep while on the road. Exercising is a proven method of improving mood and getting better sleep at night.
Exercise Methods While Traveling
There are several methods for exercising while on the road without using equipment. While you can bring small equipment with you when travelling, you may often be unable to find space. Here are five easy ways to exercise with campervan hire in New Zealand.
- Push-Ups: Push-ups exercise the triceps, shoulders and pectoral muscles, and they are great for increasing upper body strength. Make sure to use proper form and don’t push yourself past your limit to avoid risking injury. Keep your back straight so that your body forms a straight line, and make sure your chest touches the ground before you come back up.
- Running or Jogging: A cardio workout is an effective way to get blood flowing and to burn off excess energy. Take a run or jog for however long you feel comfortable, but make sure to factor in the trip back. Bring a bottle of water with you to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Leg Raises: Leg raises are an excellent core-building exercise that are simple to do. Lie on your back with your legs straight, lift your legs until your buttocks is raised above the floor, slowly lower your legs and hold them above the ground for a moment and then repeat.
- Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks are another cardio workout that are intended to improve your running speed and increase your jump height. Make sure to use a flat surface and take breaks between sets.
- Planks: Planks are one of the best exercises for toning the body. Hold yourself up with your toes and elbows while keeping your body straight for one minute for each plank.
If you are interested in travelling in New Zealand, contact Mighway to book a motorhome rental. We are a Campervan hire New Zealand based company that offers a wide variety of motorhomes at an affordable rate. Give us a call at +0 (800)-555-696 or visit our website at https://www.mighway.com/nz/en/. We offer insurance, 24/7 roadside assistance and there’s no waiting time!