Renting a campervan in New Zealand offers many chances for exciting experiences. Explore the best of New Zealand in your own time and experience it like a local. And, if you are an adventurer, a stop at Lake Wanaka will not disappoint you on your journey. Enjoy experiences on the land, water and in the air. But before you go, read our tips on what to do in Lake Wanaka.
Activities for Adventure
Are you wanting to get your adrenaline pumping? Well then we suggest you head to Lake Wanaka. The adventures include climbing, skydiving, paragliding, swimming and cliff jumping.
- Skydive Wanaka.
- Wildwire Wanaka climbing along Twin Falls.
- Deep Canyon.
- Wanaka Paragliding at Treble Cone Mountain.
Each activity pairs the adrenaline rush with the beauty of nature in New Zealand.
Experiencing Nature and Beauty
Lake Wanaka nature is something to see. Visitors experience nature on the water and land with boating, cruises or tours. As an adrenaline junky looking for speed, you may want to try jet boating on the Wanaka River. After the adrenaline rush, calm down with a tour of the Wanaka Lavender Farm.
Other activities that involve Wanaka’s nature and beauty include:
- WanaHaka Tours – tour the local wineries of the area.
- Eco Wanaka Adventures – boat cruises to Mou Waho.
- #thatwanakatree – New Zealand’s most photographed tree.
Horses All Wheel Drive Vehicles and Four Wheelers
Get off the beaten path with horse trekking or off roading. See the New Zealand landscapes differently by taking riding tours. Some of the adventures include:
- Cardrona & Backcountry Saddle Expeditions offers tours on horseback or ATV vehicles.
- Ridgeline Adventures gives tours of the high country in a private four wheel drive vehicle.
Explore Lake Wanaka on either a mountain bike or cycle to see the best of New Zealand. You can bring your own bike or rent one. Enjoy a guided tour or travel the area on your own. You can choose a biking tour that fits your ability.
- Dean’s Bank takes the tour along the Clutha River and Wanaka Basin.
- Wanaka Bike Tours offers you the option of a mountain bike tour, a fully guided tour or heli bike tour.
For information on activities and things to do in Lake Wanaka, visit New Zealand’s visitor’s guide.