The England cricket tour will land in New Zealand once again later this year in November. This tour series, featuring England’s cricket team, is an international phenomenon that is sure to delight any sports fan. Even for those uninterested in athletics, the social aspect of the matches is sure to spark the interest of some. With arguably the greatest One Day International in history taking place this year featuring England and New Zealand’s respective clubs, this upcoming tour is “can’t miss” material. Hire a campervan and follow the cricket tour in New Zealand.
Tour Dates and Locations
As mentioned, the tour hits New Zealand territory starting this forthcoming November. This stretch of the tour will contain five T20 matches, two Test matches and two additional matches. Contests will feature both the main New Zealand team, the Black Caps, in addition to the New Zealand XI team. The match dates and venues are as follows:
- Friday, November 1st, Black Caps vs. England, Hagley Oval
- Sunday, November 3rd, Black Caps vs. England, Westpac Stadium
- Tuesday, November 5th, Black Caps vs. England, Saxton Oval
- Friday, November 8th, Black Caps vs. England, McLean Park
- Sunday, November 10th, Black Caps vs. England, Eden Park
- Thursday, November 21st, Black Caps vs. England, Bay Oval
- Friday, November 29th, Black Caps vs. England, Seddon Park
- Tuesday, November 12th, New Zealand XI vs. England, Cobham Oval
- Friday, November 15th, New Zealand XI vs. England, Cobham Oval
Warm-up sessions will also take place prior to both the T20 and Test match sessions, you can check out the New Zealand Cricket website for a full schedule of the events!
The stadiums for these matches are located in some of the most beautiful cities New Zealand has to offer. Whether it is the Hagley Oval down in Christchurch or Eden Park in Auckland, following the tour will see you observing and taking some fantastic scenery and culture. Here are the cities that will be featured in the 2019 England Cricket Tour of New Zealand:
- Mt Maunganui
How Can I Get to the Tour?
Hotel and travel costs can run you up towards hundreds if not, thousands of dollars. Instead of going through an expensive travel agency, consider renting a campervan instead! This will allow you to have maximum schedule flexibility outside of the matches and create a specific agenda that caters to your desires.
Visit our motorhome rental page now to explore your options for your England Cricket tour experience in New Zealand.